Subscribe Now:

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Adpinion - Let you users choose the ads.

So I was search the web this afternoon like I always do and ran accross an new ad-based service. It is called "Adpinion". This service works just like any other ad-based service where you will put some code on your site and a banner ad will be shown. When a user clicks on it you will get some money but Adpinion put a little twist to this. This service alls for the users to choose if they like the ad or not.

So here is how it work:

  1. You have an ad.
  2. They help you place your ad into their system, where related people and ads group together.
  3. Feedback from users helps to move the ad into more relevant groups.
  4. When a user goes to a website within our network, They'll display an ad that suits their interests.

    If a user hasn't given feedback yet, They choose based on the likes of other readers of that site.
Simple right. I don't know from what I can see they are still putting banner ads on your website and most people really don't like to look at banner ads. I really don't see this change the world of advertisements. For their launch, they’ve lined up only a few advertisers (37 Signals, CrazyEgg, Mint, …) and have filled the remnant space with auto generated Amazon ads. They plan on building out the network to a self serve model, but haven’t finished the publisher and advertiser management tools. Adpinion is a Y Combinator company based in Boston and started last year by the three founders Luke Iannini, Mike Jacobs, and Kevin Corcoran.

I am going to test drive this service on this site when I get invited to the beta and see how it is going. If you see this ad help me out by voting and I will see if this whole thing even works.

No comments: